Nuestra Señora de la Victoria de Málaga High School, also known as Martiricos, has extraordinary documentary and patrimonial treasures. We will start the tour with one of its most emblematic places: the library.
Its old collection of books is made up of thousands of titles and was inherited from what it was back then the Provincial Library of Málaga by Royal Decree since 1895, the most important library in the city in 1866, which was located in Calle Gaona. Between 1919 and 1924, the poet Salvador Rueda was its librarian. Nowadays, along with the more recent books and more used by the students, we preserve some books printed from the 18th century. The collection includes some national and foreign books with special value printed in the 19th century. The collection is formed by more than twenty thousand books, something unusual for any school library.
The binding of great value of some books and magazines should be very carefully conserved due to the damage caused by the passing of time.